Sunday, November 21, 2010
Morning Update (11/21/10)
• Jared Jarret (kneeling, bottom left) and other members of the Southwestern Christian College Circle K Club will be again raising funds for the Muscular Dystrophy Association this year. Don't be surprised to see one of them stopping by your business or home as part of their fundraising efforts. You can find their story in Sunday's print edition of The Terrell Tribune.
• Just in case you're wanting to keep up with how the remaining District 15-4A football playoff teams are doing, West Mesquite rolled over Sherman, 55-34, while Mesquite Poteet edged Whitehouse, 24-19.
• The Terrell High School Tigerettes will hold a mini-camp for Kindergarten-sixth grade girls 9 a.m. - noon Dec. 4 at the High Street Gym. Cost is $10. Participants will join the Tigerettes at the Christmas parade Dec. 11.
• Shiloh Baptist Church, 321 Frank St., will host its 88th annual aniversary/homecoming services at 3:30 p.m., today. Guests will be the Rev. Johnathan L. Preston and Hopewell Baptist Church.
• Mt. Olive Baptist Church, 805 S. Virginia St., is hosting a free meal for the public beginning at 10 a.m., today. Rev. E.G. Pierson, pastor. 972-563-8123.
• Also, First Baptist Church is seeking to compile a list of military personnel serving our country from Terrell. The church would like to support these men and women. To add the name of someone who is personally serving in the military, please e-mail their name and military address to: email@example.com
• Got a sweet tooth? First Assembly of God Church, 203 Main St., is hosting a bake sale from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Nov. 21 to raise funds for children’s church. 903-217-2415.